Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Story...


My name is Jackie. I am 29 years old. I am happily married to my husband, Joe. He was my high school sweetheart. We have been married for over 4 years now and have been together for a total of 14 years. Throughout our relationship we always tried to do everything in the right order. We dated for 10 years. We then got engaged. We established good jobs. We bought a condo. We had our beautiful, fairytale wedding. Everything was perfect... maybe to perfect. In 2010 we started our next journey. We decided to start a family. It is not as easy as you think. Since 2010 my husband and I have been dealing with infertility. It has been an emotional roller coaster ever since. We started with timed intercourse. I would track when I was ovulating and we would time everything out perfectly. That went on for about a year and a half with no results. I then found and RE that decided to test my husband and I for anything that could be causing us not to get pregnant.  I had several test done, HSG, SHG, hysteroscopy, blood test, and a sperm analysis for my husband. We then were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Our test’s were all perfect. There was nothing wrong with either of us.  So we then decided to use Clomid and timed intercourse that was another negative result. We decided that IUI (Inter Uterine Insemination) may be the answer so we started a natural cycle IUI. That did not work. We tried 2 more IUI’s with Clomid first 50mg, then 100mg. I responded very well to the medicine, I had multiple mature follicles each time. They both failed. Our next journey is IVF… we are planning on starting our first cycle in June. I am scared and excited at the same time. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing but we are ready for the next step….
You never think as a little girl that someday your fairytale may not end up how you thought. I know there is a chance I may not have the children I dream for. I am ok with that. I may just have to rewrite my fairytale…

No comments:

Post a Comment