Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My next step...

My next step in this infertility tale is to start the preparations for IVF ( In Vitro Fertilization). Words can't describe how this feels. First of all, I never thought I would be here, , ready to start injections for an IVF cycle. This is crazy! I have seen and read about on TV and heard about a few celebrities out there that have done it but not me. Boy was I wrong. Still in shock but ready to face this challenge head on I am ready to start the IVF process. My husband is also ready. He still drives me a little crazy asking me things like. "Are you sure we are at the best place for IVF?" and " Why did the IUI's not work what is not happening" he wants an answer to unexplained infertility and its so hard to try to explain to him, as of right now, there is no answer, that's why its called "unexplained infertility". He does mean well but this process is so stressful and scary I need him to just ask the doctor any questions he has maybe hearing it from a doctor will help.So to prepare for IVF we need to have some blood work done, cervical mapping, an IVF class and an IVF injection class. We are scheduled for the IVF class and blood work Thursday. I'm sure the IVF class will make this that more real. I have a lot of support from friends and family but non of them have ever been through anything like this. I have to be strong, and take things one day at a time. The needles really scare me. I know they are small and after the first few my husband will be a pro but it still scares me to death. Once I overcome that fear I think I will feel more comfortable with the entire process. But again, one day at a time. I will fill you in on Thursday after our class and bloodwork. I really hope my blog helps young woman dealing with infertility. I will be honest throughout my journey and hope that I can help or relate to young woman dealing with infertility all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment