Thursday, August 1, 2013

Post Pardum Cardiomypathy

Hello All,
I am so sorry I have not updated you all on everything but life has thrown us a curve ball. I ended up with post partum cardiomyopathy.... let me explain...

On May 11th I went into labor, I was getting contractions life I was suppose to, I got the epidural and was stuck at 6cm. They decided to give me Pitocin to speed things along. Well, my epidural wore off as the Pitocin kicked in. It was awful, I was convulsing in so much pain...finally the decided to do an emergency c section. As they started prepping me for surgery they proceeded to give me another epidural, that didn't work either! They ended putting me completely under anesthia.. My daughter Scarlett Taylor was born on Mother Day.



They released me from the hospital and within a day I stared getting more swollen and feeling shortness of breath so I called the doctor they said that could be normal with a C-section so I tried to go to bed. I could not lie flat. I could not sleep all night. I called my doctor back he said to go to the ER. When I got there my heart was only pumping at 20%, I was having congestive heart failure, my heart and lungs were filled with fluid. If I did not go to the hospital I would have died! Please don't ever ignore these symptoms, it was scary. I was in ICU for a week and away from my newborn, I even had to stop breast feeding:( But I am alive. I am on a ton of heart meds and have to wear a life vest but I am here. My daughter Scarlett is beautiful and happy and we made it. It just was a crazy ride getting here.. I don't regret anything. I have everything I wanted.. I just need my health to get back to wear it was and then I will be living happily ever after:):)
 



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what an ordeal. So glad you went in and received what you needed! Scarlett is gorgeous, and wishing you well in continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete